Divorce Law and Family Law Options.
Attorneys Kimberly Weibrecht and Meegan Reis Experienced Attorneys Providing Divorce, Family Law and Mediation Services
Weibrecht & Reis, PLLC, provides specialized service in a few practice areas – family law and mediation – to ensure that you get the most focused and best legal problem solving available. Whether you need an experienced trial attorney to aggressively advocate for you or someone with expertise in mediation, Weibrecht & Reis, PLLC, can help you get the results you deserve.
With over 30 combined years of legal experience in the New Hampshire Seacoast Area, including Dover, Rochester, and Portsmouth, Attorneys Weibrecht and Reis have tried and negotiated hundreds of civil and criminal cases. Their trial work has spanned District, Circuit, Juvenile, and Superior Court and has included dozens of jury trials and bench trials. Their experience holding positions in the NH Judicial Branch, and Strafford County, as a national justice systems consultant and facilitator, and prosecuting and defending criminal defendants has given them varied perspectives of the legal system and has provided them with deep ties to the local Seacoast legal community and justice system.
Weibrecht & Reis Law is committed to serve and counsel you and will listen carefully, work tirelessly, and advocate zealously for you.
KIMBERLY A. WEIBRECHT, ESQ AND CFM (Certified Family Mediator) — BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
With 14 years of legal experience in the New Hampshire Seacoast Area, including Dover, Rochester, and Portsmouth, I have tried and negotiated hundreds of civil and criminal cases. My work has spanned District, Juvenile, and Superior courts and includes dozens of jury trials and bench trials, including high-stakes, complex felony jury trials. I have also held several positions in the NH Judicial Branch and with Strafford County, and have worked as a national justice systems consultant and facilitator. My experience has given me varied perspectives of the legal system and has provided me with deep ties to the local Seacoast legal community and justice system. In addition to my legal experience, I have a strong dedication to leadership in my legal/mediation community. My recent roles have included: Board Member and Co-Chair of the Collaborative Law Alliance of New Hampshire, Co-Chair of the New Hampshire Bar Association – Section of Dispute Resolution, Chair of the Seacoast Collaborative Divorce Professionals, President of the Strafford County Bar Association, Board Member of the Charles C. Doe Inns of Court, Board Member of the New Hampshire Public Defender.
- Trial Attorney for the New Hampshire Public Defender in Strafford County
- Attorney and Justice System advisor for Strafford County
- Judicial Law Clerk and Deputy Clerk of Court for Strafford County Superior Court
- Judicial Law Clerk for Honorable Joseph P. Nadeau at the New Hampshire Supreme Court
- National Consultant on Justice System Policy
- Author and Contributor to several nationally disseminated justice system publications
- Faculty Member, National Judicial College as an expert on judicial policy
- Trained in variety of Alternative Dispute Resolution methods, including:
- Mediation for Lawyers by the Harvard School of Law’s Program on Negotiation
- Advanced training in emerging practice of Collaborative Divorce Law
- Member, New Hampshire Bar Association, since 1998, including Alternative Dispute Resolution and Family Law practice sections. Member, Charles C. Doe Inns of Court for 13 years
- Graduated from Northeastern University School of Law, 1998, and University of New Hampshire, 1993, magna cum laude.
MEEGAN C. REIS, ESQ. — BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
I have been practicing law since 1998 and have been a trial attorney in the New Hampshire Seacoast for over 11 years. I have handled over two-thousand cases in the Superior, District and Family courts. During my career, I have enjoyed the rare opportunity to practice on both sides of the criminal bar, spending four years as a prosecutor with the Strafford County Attorney’s Office and seven years as a defense attorney with the New Hampshire Public Defender. As both a defense attorney and a prosecutor, trial was always the traditional way to resolve a case and in many cases, that was the best process. In many more cases though the client or the public was better served by striving to find a fair resolution. I learned to strike a balance between fighting hard and effectively for my clients but not making the case more contentious. In my most recent position at the County Attorney’s Office, I created and implemented an early case resolution program focused on alternative sentencing. This program thrives today as New Hampshire’s first alternative dispute resolution system of its kind in the criminal justice system. In my practice of family law and mediation, I draw upon both my extensive trial skills and my sense of when to compromise to provide you with the legal counsel that best meets your goals. By being flexible, I can ensure that my client’s interests are protected, and when necessary, vindicated, while being ever vigilant to exhaust settlement so that we can maximize the chance that you can resolve your case with dignity and compassion.
- Completed 70 hours of training in New Hampshire Family Mediator Certification, Collaborative Divorce, and Neuroscience and Family Law.
- Trained both prosecutors and defense attorneys in negotiations, cross examination and advanced trial skills
- Trained Police Departments on Legal Issues and Investigation
- Implemented an alternative case resolution program in Strafford County meant to facilitate early negotiation and resolution of Superior Court Cases
- Selected to attend the National Criminal Defense College’s Advanced Trial Skills training and completed an intensive week long litigation skills class
- Member of the New Hampshire Public Defender hiring committee
- Member of the Governance Committee for the Strafford County Family Justice Center
- Admitted to the United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire, the New Hampshire State Bar and the Virginia State Bar
- Judicial Law Clerk for the Circuit Court of Richmond, Virginia- worked on cases involving the tobacco settlement, harness racing, and death penalty trials
- Graduated cum laude from T.C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond, Richmond, Virginia in 1998, Lafayette College, Easton, Pennsylvania in 1995, Attended University College Dublin, Dublin Ireland in 1994